Michelle Murray is involved teaching English as a Second Language and wants us to know:
A cultural exchange program bringing kids from Guangzhou, China to Northfield. is seeking just a few more housing placements for our middle school students. If you or someone you know in Northfield, Roxbury, Montpelier or the surrounding areas might be interested in hosting 2-3 kids, here are the facts:
- Kids arrive Tuesday July 23 and depart August 4th
- Stipend provided for each student
- Students need their own sleeping surface (i.e. no shared beds) but can share one room.
- You provide breakfast and dinner and a snack to bring to school.
- We provide lunch, English, cultural exploration and activities from 8:30 - 4:30 each day.
- In the evenings and on weekends, show them what life is like in a typical Vermont family in the summer (swim, fish, ride bikes, hike, camp, walk, cook, watch a movie, play a game, go to a ball game, shop, eat etc.)
- You do not need to have school age kids...just an extra room and the willingness to share our culture with them.