Friday March 15 Legislative Day
This is the second article in a short series to prepare church members for attendance at the Vermont Low Income Advocacy Council's annual Legislative Day, Friday, March 15, 2013, State House, Montpelier co-sponsored by the Vermont Conference UCC Department of Mission.
March 15 - Schedule for the Day:
Enter the State House through either of the side doors. There will be volunteers looking for UCC visitors to direct them to the Card Room.
- 9:00 Gather in the Card Room
- 9:30 Move to the House Chamber for opening devotion by Rev. Mark Pitton and introduction of the group
- 10:00 Orientation in the Cafeteria
- 10:30 - 11:45 Visit Committee meetings
- 11:45 - 1:00 Free lunch and presentations in Room 10
The Vermont Low Income Advocacy Council's 2013 priorities focus on budget and policy issues that protect the safety net and address issues of employment and poverty in a comprehensive way.
--Karen Layfayette, VLIAC Legislative Advocate